Roasted Zucchini Flatbread with Hummus, Arugula, Goat Cheese & Almonds
Warm pita bread is topped with some hummus, crumbled goat cheese, roasted zucchini, arugula, chopped almonds and served with a wedge of lemon. You won't want to share this delicious appetizer.
- 4 small zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch thick rounds, about 1 1/2 pounds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 4 round, pocketless whole-grain pita
- 1/3 cup prepared hummus
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 1 lemon, quartered, for serving
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Place the zucchini on a baking sheet. Drizzle with the olive oil, then sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt; mix well and spread to 1 layer. Roast until browned and very tender, about 30 minutes, stirring halfway through.
Warm the pita on a grill or griddle until nicely toasted, but still soft, and spread each with 1 heaping tablespoon hummus. Top each piece with 1 tablespoon crumbled goat cheese, 1/4 of the roasted zucchini, about 1/2 cup baby arugula, and 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped almonds. Serve with a lemon wedge.
You'll also love
- Zucchini & Sweet Corn Casserole 4.5/5 (203 Votes)
- Roasted Rosemary Shrimp with... 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Classic Bran Muffins 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Shrimp Scampi without Wine 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Crockpot Creamy Chicken & Rice Soup 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Quinoa Lentil Pilaf 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Hoisin-Glazed Halibut With Bok... 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Honey Baked Cod with Spinach &... 4.4/5 (7 Votes)