Classic Bran Muffins
"A delicious source of fiber! My family have them almost every morning. Great healthy muffins! You may substitute dates for the raisins if you wish."
- 1 1/2 cups wheat bran
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup raisins
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from allrecipes.com
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
Mix together wheat bran and buttermilk; let stand for 10 minutes.
Beat together oil, egg, sugar and vanilla and add to buttermilk/bran mixture. Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Stir flour mixture into buttermilk mixture, until just blended. Fold in raisins and spoon batter into prepared muffin tins.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Cool and enjoy!
You'll also love
- Shrimp Scampi without Wine 3.8/5 (9 Votes)
- Almond Torta with Chocolate Chips 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls 4/5 (18 Votes)
- Otis Spunkmeyer Chocolate... 4/5 (98 Votes)
- Shortcut Amish Friendship Bread 4.2/5 (21 Votes)
- Apple Pie Oat Muffins 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Cranberry Orange Pecan Oat Bran... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Baby Bran Muffins Recipe 4/5 (1 Votes)