Quinoa Lentil Pilaf
- 1 1/2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium carrot, diced
- 1/2 medium stalk celery, diced
- 1/4 medium onion, diced
- 1/4 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 tsp. ground smoked paprika
- 1 dash ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. ground turmeric
- 3/4 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup cooked lentils
- 1 1/2 tsp. grated lemon peel
- 1 1/2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley
1.Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add carrot, celery, onion, bell pepper, paprika, cumin, and turmeric; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes, or until tender.
2.Add quinoa, lentils, zest, lemon juice, and parsley to cooked vegetables; heat over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes, or until heated through.
3.Fluff with a fork and serve.