Roasted Rosemary Shrimp with Arugula & White Bean Salad
From Laraine Perri, Cooking Light, June 2009
This light salad is perfect for lunch or a weeknight dinner, with classic Italian flavors like cannellini beans and garlic ciabatta.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1/2 pounds jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 cups arugula leaves
- 1/2 cup red onion, vertically sliced
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from myrecipes.com
Preheat oven to 400°F.
To prepare shrimp, combine first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl; stir with a whisk. Add shrimp to bowl; toss well. Cover and refrigerate 10 minutes.
Arrange shrimp on a jelly-roll pan. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until shrimp are done.
To prepare salad, combine 2 tablespoons juice and next 4 ingredients (through 1/8 teaspoon pepper) in a large bowl; stir with a whisk. Add arugula, onion, and beans to bowl; toss well. Divide salad and shrimp evenly among 4 plates.
Heat 4 teaspoons olive oil in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Add 1 thinly sliced garlic clove; cook until garlic begins to turn golden, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Discard garlic; stir in 1/8 teaspoon salt. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat; coat pan with cooking spray. Add 4 (1/2-inch-thick) slices ciabatta bread to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Brush one side of each slice with garlic oil.
You'll also love
- Cumin-Crusted Grilled Tomatoes 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- Caramelized Onion and Roasted Red... 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- Broccoli, Mushroom & Red Peppers... 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- Gluten Free Spinach Crackers 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Cajun Andouille 4.3/5 (30 Votes)
- Chickpeas - Slow Cooker Chickpeas 4.1/5 (9 Votes)
- Pork & Mushroom Stew with Potato... 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Cast Iron Tilapia 4.4/5 (12 Votes)