Kale, Lemon, & Ricotta Bruschetta topped with a Fried Egg
This hearty and healthy bruschetta recipe is packed full of vitamin-rich kale, creamy ricotta cheese, and zesty lemon. Topped with a fried egg, this dish can be served for lunch or dinner, and even makes a scrumptious appetizer to help fill up even the most discerning of guests.
- 1 (8-ounce) package of kale, chopped
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed and chopped
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, divided, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 baguette
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 28mins
Preheat oven to 450°F.
Sauté the chopped kale with the garlic in 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat until the garlic is fragrant, then add 1/4 cup of water, and cook until the kale is tender, about 5-8 minutes. Remove kale mixture from the heat and add lemon zest and juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Cut baguette into 1/2-inch slices. Drizzle each side with extra virgin olive oil and place on a baking sheet. Cook on each side for about 2 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool briefly.
In the same skillet that was used for the kale mixture heat 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and fry eggs to your liking. Salt and pepper over the yolk to taste. Remove from the heat.
Spread bread with ricotta cheese. Top with kale mixture and a fried egg.
You'll also love
- Baked Potato Soup in a Slow Cooker 4.5/5 (489 Votes)
- Valentine Vegan Baked Lavender... 4.6/5 (197 Votes)
- Breakfast Mac & Cheese 4.6/5 (88 Votes)
- Eggs Benedict 4.5/5 (89 Votes)
- Eggs Benedict 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Crockpot Cranberry Franks 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Orange, Tomato & Avocado Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cauliflower Fritters 0/5 (0 Votes)