Smashed Avocado & Tomato Basil Bruschetta
Avocados and tomatoes top toasted French bread to make this crunchy and smooth bruschetta. The separate avocado and tomato toppings the small bites festive.
- 1/2 loaf whole grain French bread (or 1 petite loaf), sliced 1/2 inch thick
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Sea salt
- 2 cloves garlic, divided
- 2 avocados, smashed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 4 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 4 leaves basil, chopped
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 15mins
Adapted from tastykitchen.com
Preheat oven on broiler setting.
Place slices of bread on baking sheet, spray with olive oil cooking spray and sprinkle with sea salt.
Broil slices in oven about 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
Remove from oven and rub with one clove of garlic, cut in half.
In a medium bowl, mix smashed avocado, lime juice, sea salt and ground pepper.
In a separate large bowl, combine tomatoes, olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Mince remaining garlic and add it into tomato mixture.
Spread smashed avocado mixture onto each slice of toast, then generously spoon tomato topping on top. Garnish with basil and serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Pink Lemonade cake 4.4/5 (43 Votes)
- Taco Pasta Salad 4.3/5 (47 Votes)
- Appley Keilbasa 4.3/5 (54 Votes)
- Breakfast Sandwich 4.6/5 (25 Votes)
- Ruby Tuesday Potato Salad 4.4/5 (29 Votes)
- Grilled Potato Skins 4.6/5 (25 Votes)
- Killer Marinated Tomatoes 4.4/5 (43 Votes)
- Honey Lime Shrimp Tequila Tacos... 4.3/5 (41 Votes)