Amish Cinnamon Bread
Super easy sweet bread. This no kneading, just mix it up and bake it bread. Makes a wonderful dessert or even quick breakfast.
Makes 2 loaves
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups butter milk
- 4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- CINNAMON SUGAR MIXTURE:
- 2/3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 100mins
Grease two 9x5 loaf pans. Set aside until needed.
Cream together butter, 2 cups sugar, and eggs. Add milk, flour, and baking soda. Mix well.
Put 1/4 of batter in each greased loaf pan.
In separate bowl, mix the 2/3 cup sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle 3/4 of the cinnamon mixture on top of the batter in each pan. Add remaining batter to pans; sprinkle the remaining cinnamon topping. Swirl with a knife.
Bake at 350°F in a preheated oven for 45-50 minutes or until toothpick tester comes clean.
Cool in pan for 20 minutes before removing from pan.
Excellent if eaten warm out of the oven but great toasted with a little butter or cinnamon butter.
You'll also love
- Raising Cane's Chicken Fingers 3.8/5 (825 Votes)
- Christmas Pecan Balls 4.6/5 (311 Votes)
- Crock Pot Chicken & Dumplings with... 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Crockpot Ravioli Casserole 4.2/5 (396 Votes)
- Bourbon Whiskey Meatballs 4.1/5 (394 Votes)
- Honey Glazed Dunkin Doughnuts 3.8/5 (489 Votes)
- Breakfast Pockets 4.3/5 (305 Votes)
- Pumpkin Roll Cake 4.4/5 (284 Votes)
Review this recipe