Amish Cinnamon Bread
Super easy sweet bread. This no kneading, just mix it up and bake it bread. Makes a wonderful dessert or even quick breakfast.
Makes 2 loaves
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups butter milk
- 4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- CINNAMON SUGAR MIXTURE:
- 2/3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 100mins
Grease two 9x5 loaf pans. Set aside until needed.
Cream together butter, 2 cups sugar, and eggs. Add milk, flour, and baking soda. Mix well.
Put 1/4 of batter in each greased loaf pan.
In separate bowl, mix the 2/3 cup sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle 3/4 of the cinnamon mixture on top of the batter in each pan. Add remaining batter to pans; sprinkle the remaining cinnamon topping. Swirl with a knife.
Bake at 350°F in a preheated oven for 45-50 minutes or until toothpick tester comes clean.
Cool in pan for 20 minutes before removing from pan.
Excellent if eaten warm out of the oven but great toasted with a little butter or cinnamon butter.
You'll also love
- White Chocolate Bread Pudding 4.3/5 (80 Votes)
- Chocolate Bliss Cake with Fluffy... 4.5/5 (59 Votes)
- Velveeta Ultimate Nachos 4.3/5 (77 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Chicken in Honey Sauce 4.3/5 (69 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Casserole with... 4.4/5 (64 Votes)
- Mexican Gazpacho Chicken Salad 4.5/5 (59 Votes)
- Peanut Butter Fudge (Easiest EVER) 4.5/5 (59 Votes)
- Crockpot Rice and Porkchops 4.4/5 (63 Votes)