Lobster Crostini with Buttery Tomato & Champagne Sauce
Champagne and lobster are the epitome of elegance, and they take the starring role in this crostini appetizer, rich with butter and Hollandaise sauce.
- 3 large vine tomatoes
- Pinch superfine sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted organic butter, divided
- 1 cup champagne, sparkling wine or Italian prosecco
- Tabasco or Crystal hot sauce
- Ground white pepper
- Fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Hollandaise sauce
- Whole piece of tail meat from 1-pound lobster
- 1 small crusty white baguette, sliced
- Fresh dill leaves, snipped
- Freshly ground black pepper
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 70mins
Cut 2 tomatoes in half and squeeze the seeds and juice into a small saucepan set over low heat. Cut the remaining tomato into very small pieces and add to the pot.
Turn up heat to medium and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
Add sugar and 4 tablespoons butter and allow it to melt.
Add champagne and simmer for 10 minutes.
Pour mixture into a blender and blend until smooth.
Pass blended mixture through a fine sieve into the same pot. Simmer over low heat until reduced by 2/3rd the original volume, about 40 to 50 minutes, until the consistency of tomato soup.
Add remaining butter, a dash or two of Tabasco or Crystal hot sauce, and season to taste with a little salt and ground white pepper. You can also add a small squeeze of lemon if you like to brighten it up.
Cut lobster tail meat into small pieces.
Lightly toast bread slices on both sides.
Spread each slice with a teaspoon of hollandaise sauce and top with a lump or two of lobster meat.
Drizzle with a teaspoon of the tomato champagne sauce and garnish with dill leaves. Season with a little black pepper and serve.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tuna Bowties 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Corn Tortillas 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Mary's Italian Dressing (and... 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Spinach and Cheese Flatbread 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Cheesy Artichoke Baguette Bites 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Pan Seared Halibut 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- St. Patrick's Day Midori Sangria 4.5/5 (27 Votes)
- Shrimp alla Marinara 4.5/5 (23 Votes)