Cinnamon Toast, the Pioneer Woman Way
Thanks to The Pioneer Woman Cook's blog, I've found an entirely different and much better way to make cinnamon toast. I made it for my husband, this morning, and he loved it. I have to admit, that I do too. The end result yielded buttery, crunchy, cinnamon loaded goodness!
- 8 slices bread (whole wheat is great!)
- 1 stick salted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar (more to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (more to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoons ground nutmeg (optional)
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 8mins
Adapted from foodiewife-kitchen.blogspot.com
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Smush softened butter with a fork. Dump in sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and nutmeg, if using. Stir to completely combine.
Spread on slices of bread, completely covering the surface all the way to the edges.
Place toast on a cookie sheet. Place cookies sheet into the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Turn on the broiler and broil until golden brown and bubbling. Watch so it won’t burn!
Remove from oven and cut slices into halves diagonally.
UPDATE: I have found that using my toaster oven is a faster/easier way, when making this for two people. I toast the bread, until just before it's golden brown. I then slather on the cinnamon-butter and turn the toaster oven to "broil". Watch is, carefully, and remove just as the topping begins to bubble. This way, I don't have "soggy bread syndrome" on the bottom. Works great!
You'll also love
- Snickerdoodle Bread 4.3/5 (580 Votes)
- Tuscan Garlic Chicken 4.5/5 (449 Votes)
- Neiman Marcus Dip 4.6/5 (417 Votes)
- Crusted Honey Mustard Chicken 4.5/5 (404 Votes)
- Breakfast Grilled Cheese 4.5/5 (328 Votes)
- Breakfast Pockets 4.5/5 (254 Votes)
- Cheese Pennies 4.5/5 (246 Votes)
- Zucchini Chips 4.5/5 (198 Votes)