Zucchini & Sweet Corn Casserole
Perfect summer side dish or good enough to make a meal in itself. You can add many items to this, like mushrooms, eggplant, or other spices.
- 1 sweet onion, sliced thin
- 1 cup sweet yellow corn, fresh or frozen, cooked and cut off the cob
- 2 to 4 zucchinis, sliced thin
- 1 handful fresh basil, chopped
- 8 to12 ounces Cheddar or Parmesan cheese
- 3 eggs beaten
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 50mins
Preheat oven to 375°F. In a deep pan cook the onions, zucchini & corn about 15 minutes until soft.
Remove from heat add basil, stir, cheeses, stir and egg. Stir to combine and transfer to casserole dish. Bake covered 25 minutes, uncover and bake 10 more minutes. Let stand 15 to 20 minutes before serving.
Slice the zucchini and place on paper towels on a cookie sheet and refrigerate for about an hour first. The water will absorb so your casserole is not runny
You'll also love
- Bacon Breakfast Casserole 4.4/5 (204 Votes)
- Banana Bread Sweet & fluffy 4.1/5 (300 Votes)
- Reeses Chocolate Peanut Butter... 4.5/5 (196 Votes)
- Fail-Proof Pizza Dough & Cheesy... 4.1/5 (407 Votes)
- Crock Pot Honey Mustard Chicken &... 4.4/5 (196 Votes)
- Hibachi Soup 3.9/5 (256 Votes)
- Better Than Sex Pumpkin Dessert 4.5/5 (181 Votes)
- ZZ Pumpkin Beignets (Disney's Club... 4.4/5 (163 Votes)