Zucchini & Sweet Corn Casserole
Perfect summer side dish or good enough to make a meal in itself. You can add many items to this, like mushrooms, eggplant, or other spices.
- 1 sweet onion, sliced thin
- 1 cup sweet yellow corn, fresh or frozen, cooked and cut off the cob
- 2 to 4 zucchinis, sliced thin
- 1 handful fresh basil, chopped
- 8 to12 ounces Cheddar or Parmesan cheese
- 3 eggs beaten
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 50mins
Preheat oven to 375°F. In a deep pan cook the onions, zucchini & corn about 15 minutes until soft.
Remove from heat add basil, stir, cheeses, stir and egg. Stir to combine and transfer to casserole dish. Bake covered 25 minutes, uncover and bake 10 more minutes. Let stand 15 to 20 minutes before serving.
Slice the zucchini and place on paper towels on a cookie sheet and refrigerate for about an hour first. The water will absorb so your casserole is not runny
You'll also love
- Pressure Cooker Meatloaf 4.3/5 (228 Votes)
- Banana Bread Sweet & fluffy 4.1/5 (280 Votes)
- Fail-Proof Pizza Dough & Cheesy... 4.1/5 (374 Votes)
- Grilled Prosciutto Asparagus 4.5/5 (193 Votes)
- Texas Trash Warm Bean Dip 4.5/5 (184 Votes)
- Crock Pot Honey Mustard Chicken &... 4.5/5 (189 Votes)
- Better Than Sex Pumpkin Dessert 4.5/5 (181 Votes)
- ZZ Pumpkin Beignets (Disney's Club... 4.5/5 (158 Votes)