Bacon Breakfast Casserole
Easy-to-make breakfast casserole that already includes the bacon, eggs and hash browns, with cheese! Make the day before and pop in the oven first thing in the morning for an easy breakfast.
- 3/4 to 1 bag tater tots
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 small onion or 1/2 large onion, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 pound crisp bacon, crumbled
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 3 cups cheddar jack or colby jack cheese, shredded
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 85mins
In a 9×13-inch casserole, add the tater tots.
Salt and pepper to taste. Bake in a preheated 400°F oven until tater tots are golden brown. Remove from oven and set aside.
Lower oven temp to 350°F.
In a mixing bowl, add 8 eggs, 2 cups milk, and 3 cups shredded cheese. Mix well and set aside.
In a frying pan, fry bacon until crisp, then crumble. Discard all bacon grease except 1 tablespoon for sautéing. Add the onion and peppers in the same fry pan as the bacon, saute the diced onion and peppers until soft.
Layer the onions and peppers on top of the pre cooked tater tots. Layer the bacon crumbles on top of the onions and peppers. Pour the egg and cheese mixture over the bacon layer. Cover with aluminum foil and bake in a pre heated 350°F oven for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 30 minutes.
You'll also love
- Bacon Breakfast Enchiladas 4.2/5 (323 Votes)
- Pasta with Ricotta Cheese Sauce 3.8/5 (313 Votes)
- Fruit Pizza 4.1/5 (315 Votes)
- Pan-fried T-Bone Steak 3.8/5 (408 Votes)
- Marscarpone Stuffed French Toast 4.4/5 (197 Votes)
- Crock Pot Honey Mustard Chicken &... 4.3/5 (217 Votes)
- Pork Humba 3.8/5 (349 Votes)
- Mexican Breakfast Casserole 4.3/5 (211 Votes)
Review this recipe