Slow-Cooker Loaded Baked Potato Soup
This Loaded Baked Potato Soup recipe is made even more delicious with cheese, bacon and sour cream. Enjoy the scrumptious aromas while the slow cooker works.
- 8 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 (32-ounce) carton fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 3 pounds large baking potatoes (about 6), peeled, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 (8-ounce) package cheddar, shredded and divided
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup fresh chives or green onions, chopped
Preparation time 35mins
Cooking time 515mins
Adapted from kraftrecipes.com
Cook and stir bacon in large skillet on medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from skillet with slotted spoon, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings in skillet. Drain bacon on paper towels; refrigerate until ready to use.
Add onions to drippings in skillet; cook and stir 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in flour; cook and stir 1 minute. Add 1 cup broth; cook and stir 2 minutes or until sauce comes to boil and thickens. Pour into slow cooker. Stir in remaining broth and potatoes; cover with lid. Cook on LOW 8 to 10 hours (or HIGH 5 to 6 hours).
Use slotted spoon to transfer 4 cups potatoes to medium bowl; mash until smooth. Add 1 1/2 cups cheese to remaining mixture in slow cooker; stir until melted. Stir in mashed potatoes and milk; cook, covered, 5 minutes or until heated through.
Place bacon on paper towel-covered microwaveable plate. Microwave on HIGH 20 to 30 seconds or until heated through. Serve soup topped with bacon, remaining cheese, sour cream and chives (or green onions).
You'll also love
- Shakin' Ranch Potatoes 4.5/5 (62 Votes)
- Tres leches coconut cake trifle 4.3/5 (31 Votes)
- Friendship Soup Mix Gift in a Jar 4.3/5 (31 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Bacon Braised... 4.3/5 (31 Votes)
- Broccoli Cashew Salad 4.4/5 (25 Votes)
- Coconut Flour Bread 4.2/5 (41 Votes)
- Chicken-Fried Steak Casserole 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Apple Pie Dump Cake 4.4/5 (16 Votes)