Chicken-Fried Steak Casserole
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/4 pounds beef cubed steak
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (24-ounce) package refrigerated mashed potatoes
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
Preparation time 15mins
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
In a shallow dish, combine flour, salt, and pepper. Coat steak in mixture and set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine egg and milk; mix well. Place bread crumbs in a shallow dish.
Dip coated steak into egg mixture, coating completely, then into bread crumbs; set aside. Discard any remaining coating mixture.
In a large deep skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot, but not smoking. Add steak and cook 6 to 8 minutes, or until juices run clear and coating is golden brown, turning occasionally.
Place steak in single layer in prepared baking dish. Combine potatoes and scallions and spread over steak. Sprinkle cheese over top.
Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until potatoes are warmed through and cheese is melted.
You'll also love
- Chicken, Shrimp & Sausage Gumbo 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Fabulous Barbecue Chicken Kabobs 4.2/5 (25 Votes)
- Beef & Broccoli - Instant Pot 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Bifteck Hache (French Hamburgers) 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Easy Chicken and Dumpling Casserole 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
- Caesar Potato & Egg Salad 4.4/5 (15 Votes)
- Chicken Parmesan baked ziti 4.2/5 (31 Votes)
- Louisiana Chicken Pasta 4.4/5 (19 Votes)