Pressure Cooker Bacon Braised Short Ribs
Pressure Cooker Beef Short Ribs taste like the weekend but are fast enough for a hearty weeknight dinner thanks to the pressure cooker.
- 5strips5 strips bacon
- 3 to 4pounds3 to 4 pounds bone-in short ribs trimmed of excess fat
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2cup1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1tablespoon1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1cup1 cup beef stock or broth
- 2tablespoons2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1tablespoon1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1teaspoon1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2teaspoon2 teaspoon cornstarch whisked into 1 t water
- 3tablespoon3 tablespoon butter
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 50mins
With lid off, heat bacon on high or brown until almost crisp. Remove and coarsely chop, set aside.
Sprinkle ribs with salt and pepper, put in cooker in the bacon grease, brown on both sides, do in batches if needed until all are browned.
Add bacon and remaining ingredients except cornstarch and butter to cooker. Secure lid and cook on high for 35 minutes.
Let pressure release naturally for 10 minutes then do quick release.
Transfer ribs to serving platter and set cooker on high or brown until the liquid is simmering. Whisk the cornstarch mixture into liquid and cook 2 minutes, till thickened. Stir in butter and a pinch of salt and pepper, ladle sauce over short ribs and serve.
You'll also love
- Hawaiian Pasta Salad 4.3/5 (25 Votes)
- Roasted Red Pepper Pasta - Pioneer... 4.4/5 (31 Votes)
- Portuguese Linguica Sausage 4.3/5 (35 Votes)
- Chicken-Fried Steak Casserole 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Beef & Broccoli - Instant Pot 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- BLACKBERRY HOISIN GINGER PORK... 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Bacon Chocolate Scones 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Vegan Baked Carrot Bacon 4.5/5 (17 Votes)