Perfect Potatoes au Gratin
This recipe comes from the Pioneer Woman's Blog. It's a non fancy schmancy potato gratin, because you use Russet potatoes and sharp cheddar cheese. What this is is pure comfort food, with a creamy slightly garlic infused sauce. Sinfully good!
- 4 whole Russet potatoes, scrubbed clean
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, freshly grated
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from foodiewife-kitchen.blogspot.com
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Smear softened butter all over the bottom of a baking dish.
Slice potatoes, then cut slices into fourths.
In a separate bowl, whisk together cream, milk, flour, minced garlic, salt, and plenty of freshly ground black pepper.
Place 1/3 of the potatoes in the bottom of the baking dish. Pour 1/3 of the cream mixture over the potatoes.
Repeat this two more times, ending with the cream mixture. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 20 minutes, or until potatoes are golden brown and really bubbling. Add grated cheese to the top of the potatoes and bake for 3 to 5 more minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Allow to stand for a few minutes before serving by the spoonful. Delicious!
You'll also love
- Slow-Cooker Mac & Cheese 3.8/5 (2200 Votes)
- Oven-Roasted Smoked Sausage &... 4/5 (1357 Votes)
- Pumpkin Soup-Carnival Cruise Lines 4.1/5 (18 Votes)
- Mounds Brownies 3.8/5 (95 Votes)
- How To Ripen Bananas FAST! 4.1/5 (51 Votes)
- Mini Mac 'n Cheese Muffins 4/5 (21 Votes)
- Pollo Guisado - Puerto Rican... 4/5 (72 Votes)
- Sour Cream Rhubarb Cookies 3.7/5 (38 Votes)