Mini Mac 'n Cheese Muffins
What a great snack for Mac 'N Cheese lovers. Kid friendly......uh yes! These Mini Mac 'n Cheese Muffins make it easy to be cheesy!
- 1 1/2 cups Ritz crackers, crushed (I used one whole sleeve and used my food processor to crush the crackers)
- 2 cups white cheddar cheese, grated and divided
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 4 1/2 cups cooked elbow macaroni (about 8 ounces uncooked)
- 1 (5.2-ounce) container of Boursin Garlic and Herb cheese
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- Parsley, for garnish
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Generously spray 8 cups of your muffin pan with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, combine the crushed Ritz crackers, 1 cup of the shredded white cheddar cheese, and the melted butter, mixing well until the mixture holds together and resembles coarse sand.
Divide the mixture among the 8 muffin cups and, using your fingers or the back of a spoon, firmly press the crust into the bottoms and up the sides of each muffin cup.
In another large bowl, combine the cooked (and still hot!) macaroni with 1/2 cup of the shredded white cheddar, the Boursin cheese, and the butter, mixing well.
In a small bowl, combine the eggs, milk, sour cream, salt, and red pepper flakes, mixing well.
Add the egg/milk mixture to the cooked macaroni, mixing until all the ingredients are melted and smooth.
Place about 2 to 3 tablespoons of the macaroni mixture into each muffin cup (you will probably have a little leftover macaroni-I did. Save this and bake it separately, if desired.)
Top each muffin cup with the remaining white cheddar.
Bake the mac and cheese pies until lightly golden on top, about 20 to 25 minutes.
Let cool slightly before removing from the muffin pan, garnish with parsley, and serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Pollo Guisado - Puerto Rican... 4/5 (75 Votes)
- Crock Pot Creamy Chicken Stew 4.1/5 (14 Votes)
- Cross Rib Roast 4.1/5 (14 Votes)
- Portuguese Sopas or Sopash 3.6/5 (61 Votes)
- Banana & Kiwi Muffins 3.8/5 (8 Votes)
- Banana Cherry Custard Muffins -... 3.7/5 (60 Votes)
- Spaghetti Pie 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- S'Mac N Cheese 4/5 (1 Votes)