Potatoes Au Gratin - Black Angus Restaurant
Ever since I found this recipe it's become my go-to for making Potatoes Au Gratin. Love it!
- 1 1/2 pounds unpeeled potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups hot milk
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Extra shredded cheddar, grated Parmesan and paprika for topping
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 55mins
Boil potatoes in lightly salted water until tender. Cool, peel, and cut into 1/4 inch slices. Layer slices in buttered casserole.
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Melt butter in medium saucepan and stir in flour until mixture is smooth. Gradually add hot milk, stirring constantly. Stir in cheeses and garlic and continue cooking until cheese is melted. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Pour over potatoes and sprinkle with cheddar, Parmesan and paprika. Bake 20 minutes.
Place under broiler, just until brown and bubbly. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Oven-Roasted Smoked Sausage &... 4/5 (1151 Votes)
- APPLE CINNAMON WINE 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon Chicken with mushrooms,green... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Rigatoni and Cauliflower al Forno 3.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Smoked Salmon & Cheese Mini... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Armenian Spice Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mrs. Fields Copycat White... 3.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Oven Method for Cooking Wild Rice 0/5 (0 Votes)