Au Gratin Potatoes - Weight Watchers 4 Points
Thinly sliced potatoes are baked and then broiled with onions and melted cheese. This is one of my all time favorite side dishes. Enjoy!
- 1 spray cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 1 medium uncooked onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups fat-free skim milk
- 2 pound uncooked yukon gold potato(es), thinly sliced
- 1 cup low-fat Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 90mins
Adapted from weightwatchers.com
Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat a 2-quart covered baking dish with cooking spray.
Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion begins to brown, about 5 minutes. Stir in flour; add milk slowly, stirring. Add potatoes and stir to mix. Bring to a boil. Stir in 3/4 cup of cheese, salt and pepper.
Pour mixture into prepared baking dish and level out surface. Bake for 1 hour, uncovered. Cover and bake until potatoes are fork-tender, about 20 minutes more.
Change oven temperature to broil. Sprinkle remaining cheese over potatoes. Broil 6 inches from the heating element until the cheese is golden brown, about 1 to 2 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before slicing into 8 pieces.
You'll also love
- Roasted Okra 3.9/5 (134 Votes)
- Corrected Version: Slow Cooker... 4.5/5 (49 Votes)
- Frozen Vodka Lemonade Cocktail 4.4/5 (53 Votes)
- Sex in the Driveway 4.4/5 (59 Votes)
- Zucchini Chips 4.1/5 (76 Votes)
- Creamy Au Gratin Potatoes 4.7/5 (38 Votes)
- Roasted Cauliflower with... 4.3/5 (68 Votes)
- Parmesan Scalloped Potato Stacks 4.4/5 (57 Votes)