Pollo Guisado - Puerto Rican Chicken Stew
Once you try this chicken stew it's sure to become a weekly staple on your dining room table. This one pot dish is simple to prepare, makes clean up a breeze and everyone loves it!
- 1 pound chicken wings, thighs or legs
- 1/2 teaspoon Adobo seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sofrito
- 1 packet Sazon seasoning with annatto
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon powdered chicken bouillon
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup potatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup carrots, sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- 11 pimento-stuffed olives
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
Adapted from delishdlites.com
Heat a Dutch oven on medium heat.
Generously season the chicken with the Adobo seasoning, then add the olive oil and chicken to the Dutch oven. Lightly brown the chicken by cooking chicken for about 5 minutes on each side. Set chicken aside.
Add the sofrito, Sazon, tomato sauce, chicken bouillon, Italian seasoning, water, potatoes, carrots, bay leaves and olives to a pot. Bring to a boil, then add the chicken in. Lower the heat to a simmer and cook the stew for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
Check the stew for seasoning and add more chicken bouillon if it needs a bit more flavor. Sprinkle the stew with the chopped cilantro and stir it in.
Serve with or over rice, mashed potatoes or some crusty bread on the side for dipping!
You'll also love
- Puerto Rican Chicken & Beans 5/5 (1 Votes)
- White Lightning Chicken Chili 4.1/5 (14 Votes)
- Sticky Garlic Chicken Bites-Cashew... 4.1/5 (12 Votes)
- Greek Crockpot Chicken 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Buffalo Boss Chicken Wings 4/5 (9 Votes)
- Instant Pot Chicken Mole 3.9/5 (16 Votes)
- Maple-Bacon Chicken Wings 4.1/5 (12 Votes)
- Coconut-Lime Chicken Stew with Rice 3.8/5 (12 Votes)
Review this recipe