Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
A quick, no-fuss version of chicken tortilla soup. Topped with shredded cheese and served with tortilla chips. Yum!
- 1 pound chicken breast, trimmed
- 1 (15-ounce) can sweet whole corn kernels, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 5 cup chicken stock
- 3/4 cup onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 serrano pepper, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper, divided
- Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- Seasoned tortilla strips
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 240mins
To your slow cooker add first 9 ingredients plus 1 teaspoon salt and 3/4 teaspoon ground pepper. Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
Prior to serving, remove chicken breasts. Transfer chicken to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment for easy shredding. Alternately you may shred chicken by hand. Season chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Return shredded seasoned chicken to slow cooker bowl. Stir gently.
If serving immediately, divide among bowls. Top off with a generous helping of shredded cheese and seasoned tortilla strips. Soup may be stored in the fridge for up to several days. If freezing, label containers well with soup name and date.
You'll also love
- APPLE CRISP PIZZA 4.5/5 (37 Votes)
- Lemon Cupcake with Lemon... 4.5/5 (37 Votes)
- Asian Chicken Thighs Recipe 4.5/5 (37 Votes)
- Szechuan Chicken and Noodles 4.5/5 (39 Votes)
- Shrimp Hushpuppies 4.5/5 (39 Votes)
- BBQ Chicken and Pineapple... 4.5/5 (40 Votes)
- Easiest Pineapple Cake 4.5/5 (39 Votes)
- Cajun Lasagne 4.6/5 (32 Votes)