Corned Beef and Cabbage
Although it's most popular around St. Patrick's Day, this recipe is delicious year-round. Simply combine corned beef and vegetables in a slow cooker to create this hearty one-dish meal.
6 weightwatcher points per serving.
- 8 whole cloves
- 1 medium yellow onion, halved
- 1 lean center-cut corned beef brisket (about 2 pounds)
- 3 large carrots, peeled and quartered lengthwise and cut into
- 1/2 pound new potatoes, halved
- 1/2 pound boiling onions, peeled
- 1 small head cabbage, outer leaves removed, cut into 6 wedges
1. Stick cloves in onion. Place onion and beef in slow cooker and add enough water to cover ingredients plus 3 more inches. Cover and cook on LOW for 5 hours.
2. Add carrots, potatoes, onions and cabbage to slow cooker and cook an additional 3 hours.
3. Remove corned beef from slow cooker and slice. Place on large platter with vegetables. Drizzle with the broth to moisten and serve.
You'll also love
- Stovetop Cracked Fingerling... 4.2/5 (59 Votes)
- Homemade Applesauce Canning Recipe 3.9/5 (95 Votes)
- Meatballs in Caramelized Onion... 4.4/5 (54 Votes)
- Southern Fried Cabbage 4.6/5 (31 Votes)
- Cajun Lasagne 4.2/5 (65 Votes)
- Leg of Lamb, Sweet and Sour... 4.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Cornbread & Jalapeño Meatloaf 4.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Beefy Slow-Cooker Pot Pie 4.9/5 (7 Votes)