Corned Beef and Cabbage
Although it's most popular around St. Patrick's Day, this recipe is delicious year-round. Simply combine corned beef and vegetables in a slow cooker to create this hearty one-dish meal.
6 weightwatcher points per serving.
- 8 whole cloves
- 1 medium yellow onion, halved
- 1 lean center-cut corned beef brisket (about 2 pounds)
- 3 large carrots, peeled and quartered lengthwise and cut into
- 1/2 pound new potatoes, halved
- 1/2 pound boiling onions, peeled
- 1 small head cabbage, outer leaves removed, cut into 6 wedges
1. Stick cloves in onion. Place onion and beef in slow cooker and add enough water to cover ingredients plus 3 more inches. Cover and cook on LOW for 5 hours.
2. Add carrots, potatoes, onions and cabbage to slow cooker and cook an additional 3 hours.
3. Remove corned beef from slow cooker and slice. Place on large platter with vegetables. Drizzle with the broth to moisten and serve.
You'll also love
- Roasted Vegetable Macaroni and... 4.8/5 (16 Votes)
- Caribbean-style Roasted Pork... 4.7/5 (20 Votes)
- Strawberry Champagne Cakes 4.5/5 (40 Votes)
- Shrimp -n- Avocado Ceviche**** 4.5/5 (36 Votes)
- Lamb Chops with Lemon 4.7/5 (20 Votes)
- Grilled Sweet Potatoes with... 4.8/5 (16 Votes)
- Ranch Mashed Potatoes 4.5/5 (36 Votes)
- Fiesta Corn 4.4/5 (39 Votes)