Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and Sausage
Make some Italian food tonight with this easy Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and Sausage recipe. Serve with a side salad and some hot bread for a quick dinner any night of the week. Top with shredded parmesan cheese or chopped fresh parsley for an added elegant touch.
- 1 (19-ounce) bag frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 pound sausage (preferably Italian)
- 1 (10-ounce) bag fresh spinach
- 2 cans Italian style diced tomatoes
- 2 (12-ounce) cans low-fat chicken broth
- 1 (8-ounce block) cream cheese, cut into cubes
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 360mins
Brown the sausage in a skillet on the stove top until cooked and crumbled. Drain.
Add the sausage, spinach, 2 cans of tomatoes, broth, and cream cheese to a 6-quart slow cooker. Stir to combine.
Cook in the slow cooker, on low for 5 hours, stirring twice during cooking. Add the tortellini in the last 15 to 30 minutes of cooking time and cook until they are tender.