Easiest Pineapple Cake
A delicious one bowl pineapple cake topped with a cream cheese frosting while it’s still hot. This Easiest Pineapple Cake is a one bowl wonder! Not only is it made easy by only needing one bowl to make it, there isn’t any butter or oil in the cake batter and yet it is extremely moist! The cream cheese frosting is put on the cake while it is still hot, the frosting seeps into the top of the cake, it’s incredible. This is a dense , moist, pecan, pineapple filled cake topped with a creamy cream cheese frosting your family will thoroughly enjoy! I didn’t have crushed pineapple but I did have pineapple slices. I took the slices out of the can and into my food processor and pulsed them until they were “crushed”. I put the crushed pineapple and it’s juice into the bowl and added the other cake ingredients to it. After all the cake ingredients were in the bowl, I mixed with an electric mixer just till the ingredients were combined. That only took about 3 minutes tops. I folded the chopped pecans (mine were more crushed) into the batter. Into the oven it went. About ten minutes before the cake was to be done I made the frosting. I topped the cake with the frosting right after I took it from the oven. The result? Pineapple cream cheese heaven! This is a definite keeper Kids! Enjoy!
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch salt
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple (undrained ) in it’s own juice – not syrup
- 1 cup chopped pecans, optional
- 1/2 cup butter, 1 stick
- 1 (8 ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from bunnyswarmoven.net
Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Mix all of the cake ingredients together in a bowl. Pour into a greased 9X13 inch pan and bake at 350 for 35 – 40 minutes (until top is golden brown).
Frosting: Beat butter, cream cheese and vanilla together until creamy. Gradually mix in powdered sugar.
While the cake is hot, frost with the cream cheese frosting and let it soak into the cake.
Refrigerate until serving.
You'll also love
- Black Bean Pineapple Salad 4.2/5 (45 Votes)
- Mini Key Lime Pies 4.6/5 (29 Votes)
- Apple Pie Crunch 4.5/5 (38 Votes)
- Chocolate Ice Cream 4.6/5 (29 Votes)
- Scary Easy Werther's Caramel Apples 4.1/5 (83 Votes)
- Lemon Gooey Butter Cookies 4.7/5 (20 Votes)
- Butter Pecan Cookies 4.6/5 (28 Votes)
- Banana Split Fluff Salad 4.3/5 (52 Votes)