Slow Cooker Loaded Corn Chowder
This slow cooked corn chowder is loaded with chicken, bacon and cheese. Serve with diced onions and more cheese on top.
- 1 pound raw chicken breast, cubed
- 1 pound raw bacon
- 2 cans Del Monte Whole Kernel Corn, drained
- 16 ounces half & half
- 12 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cup green onions, diced and divided
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 75mins
Heat vegetable oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken through.
Wipe out skillet and cook off bacon. Drain on a plate lined with paper towel. Chop into bite-sized pieces.
Pour one can of corn and chicken broth into slow cooker and puree with an immersion blender. Alternately, blend corn and broth in a blender and pour into slow cooker.
Add second can of corn (drained), half & half, and cornstarch while stirring.
Add chicken, bacon, 8 ounces cheese, and 1 cup green onions. Cook on high for 1 hour.
Serve with cheese and onions sprinkled on top.
You'll also love
- Cherry Cheesecake 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Triple Berry Blender Cake 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Fried Okra 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Shrimp & Broccoli Fettuccine 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Blood Orange-Vanilla Martini 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Oatmeal Cranberry Pecan Cookies 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Spinach & Potato Pancake Corned... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Salted Chocolate Truffles 4.5/5 (6 Votes)