Slow Cooker Loaded Corn Chowder
This slow cooked corn chowder is loaded with chicken, bacon and cheese. Serve with diced onions and more cheese on top.
- 1 pound raw chicken breast, cubed
- 1 pound raw bacon
- 2 cans Del Monte Whole Kernel Corn, drained
- 16 ounces half & half
- 12 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cup green onions, diced and divided
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 75mins
Heat vegetable oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken through.
Wipe out skillet and cook off bacon. Drain on a plate lined with paper towel. Chop into bite-sized pieces.
Pour one can of corn and chicken broth into slow cooker and puree with an immersion blender. Alternately, blend corn and broth in a blender and pour into slow cooker.
Add second can of corn (drained), half & half, and cornstarch while stirring.
Add chicken, bacon, 8 ounces cheese, and 1 cup green onions. Cook on high for 1 hour.
Serve with cheese and onions sprinkled on top.
You'll also love
- Roasted Mushrooms in a Browned... 4.4/5 (49 Votes)
- Tornado Potatoes 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Salsa Verde 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Shrimp & Cheesy Corn Grits 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Ham & Cheese Egg Cups 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Healthy Matcha Green Tea Fudge... 4/5 (14 Votes)
- Double Corn - Cornbread Stuffing 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Vegan Parmesan Orzo Primavera 4.4/5 (7 Votes)