Make your own homemade salsa verde and you'll never buy it in a jar again. This fresh and delicious recipes pairs perfectly with tortilla chips, tacos, tostadas, or even spoon over chicken and bake. This zesty and slightly spicy salsa will quickly become your go-to whenever you are throwing a party or need to feed a hungry crowd.
- 12 ounces fresh tomatillos, husked or 1 (13-ounce) can tomatillos, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh cilantro or parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1 fresh serrano or jalapeño chile pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from bhg.com
Finely chop tomatillos. In a small bowl stir together chopped tomatillos, cilantro, red onion, chile pepper, salt, and sugar. Cover and chill for 4 hours to 3 days before serving, stirring occasionally.
Serve as a dip for chips or as a condiment for tacos, tostadas, or grilled meats or fish.
You'll also love
- Easy Focaccia Bread 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Shrimp & Cheesy Corn Grits 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Ham & Cheese Egg Cups 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Pie 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Easy Ritz Toffee 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Artichoke Pesto 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Healthy Matcha Green Tea Fudge... 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Avocado & Roasted Tomatillo Salsa 4.4/5 (7 Votes)