Crockpot Smoked Sausage & Hash Brown Casserole
This Crockpot Smoked Sausage & Hash Brown Casserole recipe is sure to be a family favorite once you try it. Add extra cheese on the top once it's done and let it melt before serving. Enjoy!
- Homemade (or use regular can) cream of chicken condensed soup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon paste
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 bag (32-ounce) hash browns, defrosted
- 14 ounces smoked sausage, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 190mins
For the homemade condensed cream of chicken soup (if using--otherwise skip to next paragraph), melt butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Sprinkle in flour and whisk. Cook 1 minute. Stir in water and whisk to remove any lumps. Simmer until thick, then stir in milk and chicken bouillon paste plus the seasonings. Sauce should thicken slightly at this point. Taste and adjust seasonings. Set aside.
Place hash browns, smoked sausage, onion and cheese together in a lightly greased crockpot. Pour over condensed soup and stir. Cover and cook on high for 3 hours or until potatoes are soft and sausages are hot. Serve and enjoy!.
*Chicken bouillon paste is similar to bouillon cubes, but in a paste form. It's found in jars right next to the boxes of chicken stock. If you don't have this ingredient, simply use either powdered or cubed bouillon (enough for 2 cups of liquid according to directions on the packaging) OR 1 cup of chicken stock instead of water and add an extra 1/2 teaspoon of poultry seasoning.
You'll also love
- Crockpot Cheesy Party Potatoes 4.2/5 (106 Votes)
- Fall Harvest Pumpkin Spice Cake Pie 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Pizza Pasta Salad 4.3/5 (20 Votes)
- 5-Ingredient Dark Chocolate... 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Corned Beef & Cabbage 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Smoked Brisket 4/5 (23 Votes)
- Shrimp & Corn Chowder 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Cheesy Chicken, Bacon, and Rice... 4.2/5 (21 Votes)