Roasted Mushrooms in a Browned Butter, Garlic & Thyme Sauce
You really can't go wrong with mushrooms, garlic and butter and browning the butter only makes things better with the slightly nutty flavor and aroma that comes from browning it. You can eat these alone or top them on a steak.
- 1 pound mushrooms, cleaned
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 30mins
Toss the mushrooms in the oil, salt and pepper, place on a baking sheet in a single layer and roast in the oven at 400°F until they start to caramelize, about 20 minutes, mixing half way through.
Cook the butter over medium heat until it starts to turn a nice hazelnut brown, remove from heat and mix into in the garlic, thyme and lemon juice.
Toss the roasted mushrooms in the browned butter and season with salt and pepper to taste.
You'll also love
- Halloween Devil'd Eggs 4.5/5 (43 Votes)
- Sesame-Soy Salmon with Ginger... 4.5/5 (42 Votes)
- Stuffed Baked Tomatoes 4.5/5 (42 Votes)
- Starbucks Lemon Loaf 4.5/5 (42 Votes)
- Better than Fries Potatoes 4.5/5 (42 Votes)
- Spinach Artichoke Bites 4.1/5 (68 Votes)
- Brownie Butter Cake 4.4/5 (50 Votes)
- Mexican Chocolate Cheesecake 4.5/5 (43 Votes)