Shrimp & Cheesy Corn Grits
This easy Shrimp & Cheesy Corn Grits recipe is great for breakfast, brunch, lunch or supper!
- 1 cup uncooked grits of choice (not instant)
- Chicken broth or water, for cooking grits
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2/3 cup cooked whole kernel corn
- 1 cup mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 12 to 16 ounces medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon Tony Chachere's creole seasoning, optional
Cook grits in chicken broth or water as directed on package. Remove from heat and stir in salt, pepper, butter, corn, and cheese. Cover and keep warm.
Cook chopped bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until crisp, 3-4 minutes. Remove bacon to paper towels to drain.
In the same skillet, cook shrimp over medium-high heat until almost pink, about 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add lemon juice, Worcestershire, parsley, green onions, and garlic, and cook and stir 3 minutes. Season with creole seasoning, if desired. Stir in bacon. Remove from heat.
Plate grits in shallow individual bowls or plates; top with shrimp mixture and garnish with additional green onions, if desired. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Ham & Cheese Egg Cups 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Pie 4.1/5 (9 Votes)
- Orange Chocolate Loaf Cake from... 4/5 (24 Votes)
- Easy Ritz Toffee 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Cabbage and Noodles 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Fish Tacos with Mango Salsa for Two 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Tilapia Smothered in Tomato Sauce 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Linguine With Spicy Shrimp 4.4/5 (7 Votes)