A great twist (literally) on baked potatoes. Perfectly seasoned potatoes are served spiraled on a skewer and garnished with parmesan and parsley. So go for it and get down with the swirl!
- 2 medium white potatoes
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Parsley, chopped (for garnish)
Adapted from buzzfeed.com
Preheat oven to 400ºF.
Insert a skewer into the potato and gently push the skewer all the way through it.
Hold a sharp, thin knife at an angle and cut in the opposite direction you are turning the skewered potato.
Gently fan out the potato down the length of the skewer, until you have an even gap between the slices forming the spiral.
Melt the butter and brush it all over the potato.
In a medium bowl, combine parmesan cheese, black pepper, garlic powder, paprika, and salt.
Place the skewered potato over the bowl and shovel the mixture all over the potato until it is entirely coated.
Rest potatoes on a baking sheet so that it is hovering over the bottom of the sheet.
Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until nicely browned.
Garnish with additional parmesan and parsley.
Allow to cool for 5 minutes. Serve warm and enjoy!
You'll also love
- 1 Minute Sugar-Free Chocolate Mug... 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Sheet-Pan Skirt Steak with... 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Ricotta Gnocchi With Parsley Pesto 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Salsa Verde 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Shrimp & Cheesy Corn Grits 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Pie 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Potato Pancakes with Guacamole and... 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Vegetable Farfel Kugel 4.4/5 (7 Votes)