Bubba Gump Coconut Shrimp
Beer and pancake mix as a shrimp batter? Pure genius! These coconut shrimp are quick-fried to stay crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
- 1/2 pound unpeeled medium-size fresh shrimp
- 3/4 cup pancake mix
- 3/4 cup beer
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- Vegetable oil
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails intact.
Combine pancake mix and beer in a small bowl. Stir until smooth.
Pour oil to depth of 2 inches into a Dutch oven. Heat to 350°F.
Dredge shrimp in flour; shake off excess. Dip shrimp into batter; dredge in coconut.
Fry, a few at a time, 45 seconds on each side or until golden.
Drain on paper towels.
You'll also love
- Andouille Cajun Potatoes 4.3/5 (62 Votes)
- whole roasted cauliflower with a... 4.4/5 (52 Votes)
- Polo Shirt Cake 4.4/5 (53 Votes)
- BBQ-Ranch Chicken Wonton Cups 4.5/5 (53 Votes)
- Baked Lobster & Brie Dip 4.3/5 (61 Votes)
- Apple Cinnamon Kringle 4.5/5 (41 Votes)
- Orange Dreamsicle Layer Cake 4.6/5 (36 Votes)
- Greek Roasted Potatoes 4.6/5 (36 Votes)