Bubba Gump Coconut Shrimp
Beer and pancake mix as a shrimp batter? Pure genius! These coconut shrimp are quick-fried to stay crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
- 1/2 pound unpeeled medium-size fresh shrimp
- 3/4 cup pancake mix
- 3/4 cup beer
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- Vegetable oil
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails intact.
Combine pancake mix and beer in a small bowl. Stir until smooth.
Pour oil to depth of 2 inches into a Dutch oven. Heat to 350°F.
Dredge shrimp in flour; shake off excess. Dip shrimp into batter; dredge in coconut.
Fry, a few at a time, 45 seconds on each side or until golden.
Drain on paper towels.
You'll also love
- Crustless Spinach Quiche 4.6/5 (43 Votes)
- PUMPKIN ROLL 4.6/5 (43 Votes)
- Moist Coconut Cake 4.6/5 (44 Votes)
- Impossible Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes 4.5/5 (57 Votes)
- Salted Caramel Rice Krispie Treats 4.5/5 (55 Votes)
- Jim's Apple Pie Shots 4.5/5 (55 Votes)
- Shrimp Scampi (Red Lobster version) 4.6/5 (44 Votes)
- Super Moist Pumpkin Bread 4.5/5 (48 Votes)