Baked Creamy Corn Casserole
You're going to love the flavor-marriage of sweet corn and Asiago cheese in this Baked Creamy Corn Casserole recipe. Definitely keep this recipe handy in your kitchen because you’re going to make this often.
- 1/2 cup milk, divided
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 to 5 cups corn kernels, fresh, frozen, canned, or leftover, thawed and well drained
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup Asiago, shredded
- Chives for garnish
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 30mins
Preheat oven to 400°F and place oven rack in the middle of the oven. Lightly spray a 2-quart baking dish. In a large saucepan placed over medium heat add in the cream, 1/4 cup milk, sugar, and butter. Bring to a boil.
While the cream mixture is heating up make a slurry of the flour and remaining 1/4 cup milk by whisking them together until well combined.
Then, in a separate bowl whisk together the eggs until well beaten.
Once the milk comes to a boil, add in the flour slurry and whisk until thickened slightly, about 30 seconds to a minute. Remove from the heat and add in the corn and salt, and mix to combine.
Slowly add in the eggs while mixing the entire time, you do not want the eggs to curdle. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes or until the top is puffy and golden brown.
Add the Asiago cheese to the top for the last 10 minutes of baking. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 to 15 minutes before serving so it can firm up and set.
You'll also love
- One Pan Cajun Chicken Dinner 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Roasted Vegetable Salad with Apple... 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Gluten-Free Yellow Cupcakes w/... 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Christmas Brie 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Bacon Cheese Fries 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Mexican-Style Grilled Steak (Carne... 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Beef & Curry Pie 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Mozzarella-Stuffed Crispy Baked... 4.5/5 (18 Votes)