Roasted Vegetable Salad with Apple Cider Vinaigrette
A nutritious, healthy and great tasting Roasted Vegetable Salad with Apple Cider Vinaigrette. The perfect starter dish to a great meal!
- APPLE CIDER VINAIGRETTE:
- 1 pound parsnips, peeled and cut lengthwise
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and cut lengthwise
- 1 pound small golden beets, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 10 to 12 garlic cloves
- 1 cup frozen pearl onions, thawed
- 1 pound small brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 3 fresh rosemary or thyme sprigs
- 3 small bay leaves
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 head radicchio, separated into leaves
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon whole grain Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 195mins
Adapted from myrecipes.com
Preheat oven to 425°.
Divide first 8 ingredients between two aluminum foil-lined jelly-roll pans. Drizzle with butter and oil; toss to coat. Spread vegetables in a single layer in each pan, leaving about 1 inch between pieces. Season with salt and pepper.
Bake both pans at 425° for 20 minutes, placing 1 pan on middle oven rack and 1 pan on lower oven rack. Rotate pans front to back, and top rack to bottom rack. Bake 20 to 25 more minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Gently loosen vegetables, and add salt and pepper to taste. Cool completely (about 20 minutes). Discard herb sprigs and bay leaves. Place vegetables in a zip-top plastic freezer bag, and refrigerate 2 hours to 2 days.
To serve, let vegetables stand 20 minutes or until room temperature. Add 1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinaigrette; toss to coat.
Arrange radicchio leaves on a serving platter; top with roasted vegetables. Drizzle 1/4 cup vinaigrette over salad. Season with salt and pepper. Serve salad with remaining vinaigrette.
APPLE CIDER VINAIGRETTE
Combine all ingredients in a glass jar with a tight-fitting lid. Cover with lid, and shake well. Shake jar again just before serving.
Store roasted vegetables in a zip-top plastic freezer bag or an airtight container in the fridge. Before serving, return to room temperature and check seasoning. This can be done three days ahead.
You'll also love
- Gluten-Free Yellow Cupcakes w/... 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Korean Steamed Pork Buns 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Christmas Brie 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Bacon Cheese Fries 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Mexican-Style Grilled Steak (Carne... 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Beef & Curry Pie 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Hawaiian Pork and Pineapple Kabobs 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Mozzarella-Stuffed Crispy Baked... 4.5/5 (18 Votes)