Paleo Yummy Sweet Potato Gnocchi
Since I love the bite-sized pillowy dumplings, I found a way to make them with sweet potatoes as the base rather than regular potatoes. The instructions for the gnocchi may seem long but they are not complicated. See it as a great way to spend some time on a Sunday afternoon with a rewarding treat at the end.
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 cup arrowroot powder, plus more for dusting
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch garlic powder
- 1 egg white
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from paleogrubs.com
Preheat the oven to 375°F.
Poke the sweet potatoes with a fork and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 50 minutes or until soft. Remove from the oven and let cool.
Peel the potatoes and place into a large bowl. Mash well. Add the flour, arrowroot powder, salt, baking soda, and garlic powder. Stir well to combine.
Whisk the egg white until frothy. Gently fold it into the sweet potato mixture. Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes.
Dust a work surface with arrowroot powder. Roll out a handful of the chilled dough into a long thin rope. Cut into 1-inch segments. Use a fork to slightly flatten each segment.
Prepare a large pot of barely boiling water. Working in small batches, drop each piece of gnocchi into the water. Let cook for about one minute. When they float to the top, remove with a slotted spoon. Place into a colander to drain.
Melt the ghee in a skillet over medium heat. Sear the gnocchi on each side to brown. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Spaghetti and Meatballs in... 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Fresh Egg Noodles 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Mashed Potatoes with Crispy... 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Bean & Salsa Chicken Wrap 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- One Pot Andouille Sausage Pasta 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Linguine with Green Peas & Pancetta 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Shrimp and Linguini 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Sausage Apple Dressing with Bacon... 4.3/5 (9 Votes)