Wild Rice Dressing
This Wild Rice Dressing features well seasoned wild and white rice, dried cranberries, celery, leeks and carrots. Not only does it look amazing but it tastes amazing too! If you're looking to impress your guests, this side dish is for you!
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup wild rice
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 3/4 cup dried cherries
- 2 tablespoons port or cranberry juice
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup celery, chopped
- 3/4 cup leeks, chopped
- 1/2 cup carrot, chopped (1 medium)
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley, snipped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, snipped
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, snipped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup almonds, sliced & toasted
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 70mins
In a large saucepan combine the water and broth. Bring to boiling. Stir in uncooked wild rice. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 25 minutes. Stir in uncooked white rice. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, about 20 minutes more or until tender. Drain off any excess liquid. Cool to room temperature.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine dried cherries and port. Let stand, covered, for 20 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350°F. In a medium saucepan melt butter over medium heat. Add celery, leeks, and carrot; cook and stir about 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in parsley, thyme, sage, salt, and pepper; cook and stir for 1 minute more.
Lightly grease a 2-quart casserole; set aside. In a large bowl combine cooked rice, cherry mixture, vegetable mixture, and almonds. Transfer to the prepared casserole.
Bake, covered, for 35 to 40 minutes or until heated through, stirring once or twice.
You'll also love
- Apricot and Nut Cookies with... 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Spring Frittata for Two 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Fillet of Beef au Poivre 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Harvest Salad with Apple Cider... 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Cream Cheese Corn with Jalapenos 4/5 (70 Votes)
- A&W Onion Rings 3.8/5 (65 Votes)
- Sparkling Cranberry White... 4/5 (45 Votes)
- Mozzarella Stick Onion Rings 4.3/5 (10 Votes)