This recipe is adapted from a recipe I found on Allrecipes by Nancy Scott
I made some minor changes, including: melted butter instead of vegetable oil. Increased flour slightly...
- 1 c Persimmon Pulp
- 2 t Baking Soda
- 3 c white sugar
- 1 c melted butter (cooled)
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 t ground cinnamon
- 1/2 t ground nutmeg (fresh grated)
- 1 t salt
- 2/3 c water
- 3 1/4 c Flour (adjust as necessary)
- 1 c chopped walnut (optional)
Mix persimmon pulp w/ Baking Soda to give it more consistency. I used Fuyu Persimmons (the crunchy ones), but you can use the traditional kind as well... Just let them sit long enough for the persimmons to be very soft/mushy. Let stand for at least 5 minutes. Beat Sugar and melted butter until well mixed.Add eggs and beat until fluffy and light. Add persimmon pulp. Mix spices into flour and add flour to egg mix alternating with water. Mix just long enough to be sure all ingredients are mixed.
Bake at 350 degrees for approx 60 minutes (until toothpick comes out clean). Allow bread to cool before trying to unmold as it's a bit fragile...
You'll also love
- Beef Miroton 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Fresh Blueberry Jam 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Holiday Pumpkin Bread 4/5 (10 Votes)
- Spicy Apple Butter BBQ Pork... 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Persimmon Apple Cake 4.1/5 (12 Votes)
Review this recipe