Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup
A rich creamy tomato soup with some cheese tortellini to fill your tummy. Parmesan cheese topping adds an extra layer of goodness. Serve with some hot garlic bread!
- 2 whole large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed tomato soup
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped or 2 tablespoons sun dried tomato paste
- 2 cups half and half
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (9 ounce) package cheese-filled tortellini
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded, for garnish
Cooking time 40mins
Sauté garlic with olive oil in a large stock pot over medium heat until golden brown. Be sure to keep an eye on it so it doesn’t burn.
When the garlic is done, add tomato soup, tomatoes, half and half, chicken stock, onion powder, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer.
Once simmering, drop tortellini into the soup. Cook according to the package directions.
When tortellini are done, ladle soup into bowls and top with Parmesan cheese.
You'll also love
- Roasted Red Potatoes with Bacon,... 4.4/5 (170 Votes)
- Awesome Pasta Salad! 4.4/5 (168 Votes)
- Michael Symon's Grilled Skirt Steak 4.2/5 (231 Votes)
- Lemon Ginger Avo Mayo 4.5/5 (156 Votes)
- Crockpot Italian Chicken 4.4/5 (157 Votes)
- Crockpot Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup 4.4/5 (166 Votes)
- ZZ Pumpkin Beignets (Disney's Club... 4.4/5 (162 Votes)
- Zero Point Weight Watchers Cabbage... 4.3/5 (176 Votes)