Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup
Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup with carrots, celery, onions, mushrooms and spices...mmmm, mmm good!
- 1 (32 ounce) container reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups water
- 2 1/2 cups cooked chicken, chopped, about 12 ounces
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, sliced, about 3 medium
- 1 1/2 cups celery, sliced, about 3 stalks
- 1 1/2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced, about 4 ounces
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 11/2 teaspoons dried thyme, crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic-pepper seasoning
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cut in cubes
- 2 cups dried egg noodles
Adapted from mysanantonio.com
In a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker, combine broth, water, carrots, celery, mushrooms, onion, thyme and garlic-pepper seasoning.
Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6-8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3-4 hours.
To finish the soup, if you had cooked it for 6-8 hours on low-heat setting, turn cooker to high-heat setting.
Stir in cream cheese, then chicken and uncooked noodles. Cover and cook for 20-30 minutes more or just until noodles are tender.