Panera Bread Signature Macaroni & Cheese
Anyone say Mac Cheese? This recipe delivers mac 'n cheese like grandma used to make - lots of gooey cheese!
- 1 (16-ounce) package of Rigati pasta (or other small pasta shells)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups 2% reduced fat milk, or cream
- 6 slices white American cheese, chopped
- 1 cup extra-sharp white Vermont cheddar, 8-ounces, shredded
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from mypanera.panerabread.com
Prepare pasta according to box directions.
Melt the butter over low heat. Whisk in flour, whisking constantly for about 1 minute.
Gradually whisk in milk (or cream); cook over medium heat, whisking until mixture thickens and bubbles. Remove from heat.
Add cheeses, mustard, salt, and hot sauce, stirring until cheese the cheese melts and becomes smooth.
Stir in pasta and cook over medium heat for 1 minute (or until thoroughly heated).
You'll also love
- Cheesy Bacon Brussels Sprouts 4.5/5 (140 Votes)
- Creamy Bacon Carbonara 4.4/5 (148 Votes)
- Chef Point Café Bread Pudding 4.3/5 (159 Votes)
- White Chocolate Macadamia Nut... 4.5/5 (137 Votes)
- Beef Quesadillas 4.6/5 (133 Votes)
- Chicken Enchilada Dip Roll-Ups 4.5/5 (139 Votes)
- Cajun Shrimp & Sausage Pasta 4.3/5 (155 Votes)
- Pasta Fagioli Slow Cooker Crock... 4.5/5 (134 Votes)