Panera Bread Signature Macaroni & Cheese
Anyone say Mac Cheese? This recipe delivers mac 'n cheese like grandma used to make - lots of gooey cheese!
- 1 (16-ounce) package of Rigati pasta (or other small pasta shells)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups 2% reduced fat milk, or cream
- 6 slices white American cheese, chopped
- 1 cup extra-sharp white Vermont cheddar, 8-ounces, shredded
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from mypanera.panerabread.com
Prepare pasta according to box directions.
Melt the butter over low heat. Whisk in flour, whisking constantly for about 1 minute.
Gradually whisk in milk (or cream); cook over medium heat, whisking until mixture thickens and bubbles. Remove from heat.
Add cheeses, mustard, salt, and hot sauce, stirring until cheese the cheese melts and becomes smooth.
Stir in pasta and cook over medium heat for 1 minute (or until thoroughly heated).
You'll also love
- ZZ Pumpkin Beignets (Disney's Club... 4.4/5 (170 Votes)
- Lemon Cream Cheese Pie 4.5/5 (148 Votes)
- Best Shrimp Dish Ever 4.1/5 (202 Votes)
- Old Bay Crab Cakes 4.1/5 (216 Votes)
- Jollibee Style Spaghetti 3.9/5 (271 Votes)
- Creamy Grilled Chicken Piccata 4.5/5 (150 Votes)
- Pasta Fagioli Slow Cooker Crock... 4.4/5 (150 Votes)
- Crockpot Mac N Cheese 3.8/5 (507 Votes)