Panera Bread Signature Macaroni & Cheese
Anyone say Mac Cheese? This recipe delivers mac 'n cheese like grandma used to make - lots of gooey cheese!
- 1 (16-ounce) package of Rigati pasta (or other small pasta shells)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups 2% reduced fat milk, or cream
- 6 slices white American cheese, chopped
- 1 cup extra-sharp white Vermont cheddar, 8-ounces, shredded
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from mypanera.panerabread.com
Prepare pasta according to box directions.
Melt the butter over low heat. Whisk in flour, whisking constantly for about 1 minute.
Gradually whisk in milk (or cream); cook over medium heat, whisking until mixture thickens and bubbles. Remove from heat.
Add cheeses, mustard, salt, and hot sauce, stirring until cheese the cheese melts and becomes smooth.
Stir in pasta and cook over medium heat for 1 minute (or until thoroughly heated).
You'll also love
- Tuscan White Bean Salad with... 4.4/5 (128 Votes)
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie 4.4/5 (127 Votes)
- Chicken Breast With Pancetta Cream... 4.6/5 (116 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Orange Chicken 4.4/5 (127 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Lasagna 4.5/5 (120 Votes)
- Chicken Gnocchi Soup 4.5/5 (119 Votes)
- Weight Watchers Cheddar Chicken... 4.5/5 (115 Votes)
- Macaroni Salad 4.5/5 (115 Votes)