The Best Potato Soup Recipe Ever
This Potato Soup is made with baby red potatoes, bacon, onion, celery, shredded cheese, flour and whipping cream to add a little thickness. Enjoy!
- FOR GARNISH:
- 2 1/2 pounds baby red potatoes, sliced into small bite sized pieces
- Water, enough to cover potatoes for cooking
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1/2 package uncooked bacon, finely diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/4 bunch celery, diced
- 8 cups milk
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup salted butter
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 bunch freshly chopped parsley
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Cheese, shredded
- Fried bacon bits
- Green onions, chopped
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 75mins
In a large pot, boil potatoes in enough water to cover for 10 minutes. Reserve 1 cup of the cooking water. Drain potatoes and set aside.
Dissolve bouillon cubes in reserved hot potato water. Set aside.
In sauté pan, cook bacon until crisp. Drain bacon fat and place cooked bacon on paper towels over plate to drain more.
Add onion and celery to bacon pan over medium-high heat until celery is tender, about 5 minutes.
To the large potato pan, add milk, water, bouillon mixture, salt and pepper. Cook over medium-high heat until mixture is very hot, about 8 minutes, stirring often. Do not let mixture boil.
In small, heavy saucepan melt butter. Add flour and mix well. Cook over medium-low heat until mixture bubbles, stirring 2 to 3 minutes to make a roux. While constantly stirring soup, add roux slowly until soup is thick and creamy, about 4 minutes. Stir in parsley, reserved potatoes, and cream.
Garnish with cheese, bacon bits, and green onions. Serve hot.
You'll also love
- Mongolian Beef 4.5/5 (135 Votes)
- Cake Mix: Caramel Apple Cupcakes 4.6/5 (132 Votes)
- Self-Frosting Pumpkin Nutella... 4.5/5 (137 Votes)
- Creamy Tomato Pasta 4.6/5 (133 Votes)
- Kevin's Famous Greek-Style Potatoes 4.6/5 (130 Votes)
- Baked Potato Casserole 4.4/5 (141 Votes)
- Hungarian Mushroom Soup 4.5/5 (129 Votes)
- Chicken Gnocchi Soup 4.5/5 (120 Votes)