Chewy Lemon Snowdrop Cookies
Chewy Lemon Snowdrop Cookies are perfectly little pillows of chewy lemonness. They look unassuming, but might be the best cookie ever made!
- 1 3/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- Pinch salt
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Zest 2 lemons
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup agave nectar or honey
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup powdered sugar, for coating
Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a medium sized bowl, whisk together flour and salt. Set aside.
In an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter, lemon zest, sugar, and agave nectar. Mix until very smooth, about 3 minutes. Scrape down the sides.
In a small cup, combine the lemon juice baking soda. With the mixer on low, add in flour mixture and lemon juice mixture. Scrape down sides of bowl with a rubber spatula and mix the dough by hand a few times to ensure an even distribution of the ingredients.
Shape into 1 inch balls and place on parchment paper lined baking sheets. Place the baking sheet on the middle rack in your oven and bake the cookies for 10 to 15 minutes, just until cookies are slightly brown on the edges. It is better to under cook them slightly than over cook them.
Remove cookies from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet. Toss them lightly in powdered sugar and place on cooling rack to finish the cooking process.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (891 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (904 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (742 Votes)
- Jalapeno Popper Spread 4.5/5 (685 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (498 Votes)
- Impossible Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes 4.5/5 (407 Votes)
- Christmas Pecan Balls 4.6/5 (311 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)