Sweet Potato Casserole Ruth Chris' Recipe
Sweet Potato Casserole like Ruth’s Chris with a pecan crust! Perfect for Thanksgiving and a delicious alternative to the version with marshmallows!
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 cup chopped nuts (pecans preferred)
- 1/4 cup butter (melted)
- SWEET POTATO MIXTURE:
- 3 cups mashed sweet potatoes (can use canned to save time, just drain)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs (well beaten)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 65mins
Combine brown sugar, flour, nuts and butter in mixing bowl. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine sweet potatoes, sugar, salt, vanilla, eggs and butter in a mixing bowl in the order listed. Mix thoroughly.
Pour mixture into buttered baking dish. Sprinkle the surface of the sweet potato mixture evenly with the crust mixture. Bake for 30 minutes. Allow setting at least 30 minutes before serving.
You'll also love
- Lemon Blueberry Bread Recipe 4.5/5 (92 Votes)
- Italian Sausage & Tomato Soup by... 4.5/5 (94 Votes)
- Easy Orange Chicken Vegetable... 4.4/5 (96 Votes)
- Florence Mama's Candied Yams 4.5/5 (97 Votes)
- Pumpkin Scones 4.5/5 (92 Votes)
- Banana Pudding Bark 4.4/5 (97 Votes)
- American Potato Salad 4.6/5 (85 Votes)
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes 4.4/5 (104 Votes)