Creamy Seafood Stuffed Shells
Inspired by my love of lasagna, pasta shells and seafood, I created this recipe that's easy to make but special enough to serve company. I serve it with garlic bread and a salad.
- 24 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
- 1 tablespoon green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon red onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon plus 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 2 (6-ounce) cans lump crabmeat, drained
- 1 (5-ounce) package frozen cooked salad shrimp, thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons plus 4 cups 2% milk, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons seafood seasoning, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 1/2 cups Parmesan cheese, grated
Preparation time 40mins
Cooking time 70mins
Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, sauté green pepper and onion in 1 teaspoon butter until tender; set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the crab, shrimp, egg, mozzarella cheese, mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons milk, 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning, pepper and green pepper mixture.
Drain and rinse pasta; stuff each shell with 1 rounded tablespoon of seafood mixture. Place in a greased 13-inch x 9-inch baking dish.
In a small saucepan, melt remaining butter over medium heat. Whisk in flour and coarsely ground pepper; gradually whisk in remaining milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in Parmesan cheese.
Pour over stuffed shells. Sprinkle with remaining seafood seasoning. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
You'll also love
- Slow Cooker Cube Steak & Gravy 4.4/5 (105 Votes)
- Apple Rum Bread Pudding with... 4.4/5 (101 Votes)
- Hawaiian Crockpot Chicken 4.6/5 (83 Votes)
- Banana Pudding Bark 4.4/5 (95 Votes)
- Cracked Pepper Shrimp Alfredo 4.5/5 (86 Votes)
- Edamame Succotash with Shrimp 4.6/5 (78 Votes)
- Lobster Ravioli with Shrimp Cream... 3.9/5 (182 Votes)
- Outback Steakhouse Macaroni &... 4/5 (152 Votes)