John Wayne Casserole
The perfect hearty meal, John Wayne Casserole, a dish the whole family will love! Super hearty and packed with flavor, it is great for a potluck or a weeknight dinner.
- 2 pounds ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 (1.25-ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 4 ounces sour cream
- 4 ounces mayonnaise
- 8 ounces Cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 2 cups biscuit mix
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 (4-ounce) can sliced jalapeño peppers
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 65mins
Adapted from navywifecook.com
Heat oven to 325°F.
Brown ground beef and add taco seasoning and water, according to packet instructions; set aside.
In a separate bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, 4 ounces of cheddar cheese, and half of the onions; set aside.
Stir biscuit mix and water (directions on box) to form soft dough. Pat dough on the bottom and one-half-inch up the sides of an 9 x 13 inch greased casserole dish.
Sauté remaining onions and bell peppers until slightly tender.
On top of biscuit mix, evenly distribute ingredients in the following order: ground beef, tomato slices, green peppers, onions, jalapeño peppers, sour cream mixture and end with remaining shredded cheese.
Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until edges of dough are lightly browned.
You'll also love
- Lemon Garlic Chicken Piccata 4.5/5 (81 Votes)
- Old Fisherman’s Grotto Monterey... 3.8/5 (257 Votes)
- Garlic Oven Fries 4.5/5 (84 Votes)
- Outback Steakhouse - Alice Springs... 4.4/5 (96 Votes)
- Easy Taco Casserole 4.1/5 (129 Votes)
- Chicken Broccoli Rice & Cheese... 4.4/5 (97 Votes)
- Mexican Cornbread Casserole 4.6/5 (37 Votes)
Review this recipe