Pumpkin Raisin Cake Recipe
This nutty, golden cake is one of my mom's best. It's a wonderfully different use for pumpkin. With a holiday taste and beautiful look, it's bound to become a favorite with your family, too. —Ruby Williams, Bogalusa, Louisiana
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 (15-ounce) can solid-pack pumpkin
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 2 cups uncooked oat bran cereal
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 75mins
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, pumpkin and oil; stir in cereal just until moistened. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in pecans and raisins.
Pour into a greased 10-inch tube pan.
Bake at 350°F for 60 to 65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Dust with confectioners' sugar before serving if desired.
You'll also love
- Crawfish Chowder 4.1/5 (10 Votes)
- Banana-Blueberry Muffins 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- Monster Cookie Bars 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Red Kidney Beans & Corn Salad with... 4.1/5 (10 Votes)
- Fresh Herb Tomato Crostini 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- Fresh Blackberry Cake 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- Nova Scotia Lobster Chowder 4.1/5 (10 Votes)
- Zucchini Tots (Low Carb) 4.1/5 (9 Votes)