Fresh Herb Tomato Crostini
Make-Ahead: Prepare the tomato mixture up to two days ahead; cover and store in the refrigerator. Toast bread slices one day ahead; store at room temperature in an airtight container
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 (8.5-oz.) French bread baguette, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1 large tomato, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh mint
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
1. Preheat oven to 175°.
2. Stir together olive oil and garlic; brush on 1 side of each bread slices.
3. Place bread slices, garlic sides up, on a baking sheet. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly toasted.
4. Whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
5. Add tomato, green onions,parsley and mint; gently toss to coat.
6. Top each bread slice with tomato mixture (about 2 rounded teaspoonfuls each). Sprinkle with cheese.