Pumpkin Roll Cake
I like pumpkin pie but I LOVE this Pumpkin Roll Cake! A thin pumpkin cake is rolled around a white cream filling and nuts, then dusted with confectioners sugar. Can be frozen and served chill. The perfect recipe for Thanksgiving!
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preparation time 45mins
Cooking time 60mins
Preheat oven to 375°F
In a mixing bowl, beat eggs on high for 5 minutes. Gradually beat in white sugar until thick and lemon-colored. Add pumpkin and lemon juice.
In another bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg; fold into the pumpkin mixture.
Grease a 15x10x1-inch baking pan; line with waxed paper. Grease and flour the paper. Spread batter into pan; sprinkle with walnuts.
Bake at 375°F for 15 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
Immediately turn out onto a linen towel dusted with confectioners' sugar. Peel off paper and roll cake up in the towel, starting with the short end. Cool.
Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, 1 cup confectioners' sugar, butter, and vanilla until fluffy.
Carefully unroll the cake. Spread filling over cake to within 1 inch of edges. Roll up again. Cover and chill until serving. Dust with additional confectioners' sugar, if desired.
You'll also love
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.4/5 (276 Votes)
- Creamy Garlic Pasta 4.5/5 (281 Votes)
- Creamy Garlic Pasta 4.5/5 (250 Votes)
- Mac & Cheese in the Crock Pot 4.5/5 (251 Votes)
- Easter Brunch Punch 4.5/5 (244 Votes)
- Kool-Aid Ice Cubes in Sprite 4.5/5 (241 Votes)
- Betty Crocker Cake Mix & A Can of... 4.2/5 (419 Votes)
- Zucchini Chips 4.5/5 (198 Votes)