Red Kidney Beans & Corn Salad with Rice
- For Salad
- 2 cups red kidney beans, cooked
- 1 cup corn
- 1 med-lrg tomato, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- For Tempering
- 1 Tbs oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- salt, pepper to taste
- 3 cups cooked white or brown cooked rice
- juice of half lemon
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
In a medium bowl combine together beans, corn, tomato, peppers, and olive oil, mix everything well and set aside.
Heat oil in a non stick pan on medium heat, when hot add cumin and mustard seeds, when they start to crackle add cooked rice, salt and beans mixture, mix everything well, cook for 2-3 minutes.
Take the pan off the heat and mix lemon juice and garam masala, add to rice.
Serve hot or at room temperature.
You'll also love
- Fresh Herb Tomato Crostini 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- Dr. Fuhrman Black Forest Cream of... 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Creamy Italian Dressing (sort of... 4/5 (9 Votes)
- CORN AND BLACK BEAN SALAD WITH... 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- Broccoli Cheddar Cornbread 4.1/5 (13 Votes)
- Southern-Style Baby Lima Beans 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- New England Pawtucket Chick Pea &... 0/5 (0 Votes)