Bourbon Pumpkin Cheesecake
Smooth and creamy, this colorful cheesecake is the perfect conclusion to any autumn meal.
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, tightly packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (1/2-stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 1/2 cups canned solid-pack pumpkin
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, tightly packed
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
Preparation time 60mins
Cooking time 370mins
To make the crust: Grease up a 9-inch springform pan wrapped in aluminum foil.
Stir together the graham cracker crumbs, chopped pecans, sugars, and butter in a bowl until combined well. Press this crumb mixture evenly onto the bottom and about 1/2" up the side of the pan. Chill the crust for 1 hour.
To make the filling: Preheat the oven to 350°F and put a rack in the middle position.
Whisk together the pumpkin, eggs, brown sugar, milk, vanilla, and bourbon in a bowl until combined.
In a large bowl, stir together the granulated sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and salt.
Add the softened cream cheese to the dry ingredients and beat with an electric mixer at high speed until creamy and smooth, about 3 minutes. Reduce the speed to medium and add the pumpkin mixture; beat until smooth.
Pour the filling into the chilled crust, smooth the top, and put the springform pan into a shallow baking pan
Fill the baking pan with water so that it comes halfway up the side of the springform pan. Bake until the center is just set, 50 to 60 minutes. Transfer to a rack and cool for 5 minutes, making sure to leave the oven on.
To make the topping: Whisk together the sour cream, sugar, and bourbon in a bowl, then spread on top of cheesecake and bake 5 additional minutes.
Cool the cheesecake completely in a pan on the rack for about 3 hours.
Cover and chill the beauty until cold, at least 4 hours. Remove the side of the pan and bring the cake to room temperature before slicing and serving.
You'll also love
- Layered Pumpkin Cheesecake 4.5/5 (30 Votes)
- Almost-Famous Pumpkin Cheesecake 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Ube Pies (Purple Yam or Purple... 3.9/5 (20 Votes)
- Quick & Easy Camp Stew 4/5 (14 Votes)
- Ranch Cucumber Sandwiches 4/5 (12 Votes)
- Strufoli - Italian Honey Balls 3.8/5 (26 Votes)
- Pumpkin Custard Ice Cream 4/5 (19 Votes)
- Fried Patty Pan Squash 3.5/5 (53 Votes)