This soup is very creamy and satisfying. Serve it with cornbread or crusty French bread." TIPS: or use crawfish tail meat that you can get in the frozen seafood section at Walmart. Also made this dish with shrimp and crabmeat. I also add about 2 large red potatoes, parboiled and cut in small pieces + about ½ cup dry sherry at the end! — STKA
- Serves 6
- 2 tablespoons and 1-1/4 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup and 2 teaspoons butter
- 1-1/4 pounds frozen crawfish, cleaned
- 1-1/4 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of potato soup
- 5/8 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 5/8 (15.25 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 2-1/2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup and 3 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from allrecipes.com
1. Melt 2 tablespoons and 1-1/4 teaspoons of butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute green onions in butter until tender. Remove from pan, and set aside. In the same skillet, melt 1/4 cup and 2 teaspoons butter, and saute the crawfish for 5 minutes; set aside.
2. In a large pot over medium heat, combine potato soup, mushroom soup, corn, and cream cheese. Mix well, and bring to a slow boil. Stir in half-and-half, sauteed green onions, and crawfish. Season with cayenne pepper. Bring to a low boil, and simmer 5 minutes to blend flavors.