Fresh Corn & Zucchini Cakes
These delicious cakes are packed with veggies, so OBVIOUSLY they are healthy!
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup low-fat buttermilk or low-fat milk
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Kernels from 1 ear sweet corn (about 3/4-cup)
- 1 zucchini, grated (about 1-cup)
- 1/3 cup onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup mint, chopped
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons expeller-pressed canola oil
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from wholefoodsmarket.com
In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, buttermilk, flour, baking powder, salt and pepper until smooth.
Add corn, zucchini, onion, mint and zest and stir until combined. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
Working in batches, drop batter by scant 1/4-cup measures into skillet.
Cook, turning once, until browned and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side; lower heat if pancakes begin to brown too deeply before middle is cooked through.
Add more oil between batches if necessary. Serve the pancakes warm or room temperature.
You'll also love
- Zucchini & Sweet Corn Casserole 4.4/5 (225 Votes)
- “Shortcut” – Chocolate... 4.2/5 (15 Votes)
- Spanish squid "Rabas" 4.1/5 (16 Votes)
- Creamy Garlic, Cannellini Bean &... 4.2/5 (17 Votes)
- Microwave Divinity 4.2/5 (16 Votes)
- Chicken & Okra Gumbo 4.2/5 (15 Votes)
- Spaghetti Squash Fried Rice 4.1/5 (16 Votes)
- Funfetti Cheesecake 3.9/5 (63 Votes)